Engaging in the Computing activity enables the pupils to develop many skills.
|Playing and Exploring -Engagement||Active Learning - Motivation|
|Finding out and exploring
• Engaging in open-ended activity
• Showing particular interests
|Being involved and concentrating
• Maintaining focus on their activity for a period of time
• Showing high levels of energy, fascination
• Not easily distracted
|Being willing to have a go
• Initiating activities
• Seeking challenge
• Showing a ‘can do’ attitude
• Taking a risk, engaging in new experiences, and learning by trial and error
• Persisting with activity when challenges occur
• Showing a belief that more effort or a different approach will pay off
• Bouncing back after difficulties
|Enjoying achieving what they set out to do
• Showing satisfaction in meeting their own goals
• Being proud of how they accomplished something – not just the end result
• Enjoying meeting challenges for their own sake rather than external rewards or praise
The Nursery and Reception classes presented the story of Nativity through songs to the whole school in the morning and to the parents and guests in the afternoon.
Through playing with Lego children learn how to share and take turns. When working together on Lego construction, children have to agree on the general idea of their play. Children have to follow each other’s lead and begin to understand how different ideas can contribute and extend their play. Children also have to learn to negotiate roles and responsibilities in order to have an enjoyable social experience.